Monday, May 25, 2009

Caleb is almost 4 months! WOW!

Look at me, I'm flying!!!!


Hello again everyone! I am so sorry that I've been so bad about updating this thing. My excuse... no internet forever and then when we got it, Jess' computer has so many security things that it doesn't let me get on this site most of the time. But good news, we just ordered a new laptop that will make this much easier!!!

Well, Caleb is amazing! No really, he is. He has to be one of the best babies ever. He typically only cries when he is hungry, has a dirty diaper and just recently has started getting fussy when he is tired. It is as if he doesn't want to fall asleep because he is scared he might miss something. He even made it through an entire movie at the theater without crying. He just sat there and watched it! And he was so well behaved at Jeanna's graduation.


He is very talented and advanced too. He has been trying to roll over for WEEKS now and has been successful twice. His problem is that his right arm gets trapped underneath him and he hasn't figured out how to get it out yet. He reaches for things all the time.


He has become very verbal and is making even more coo sounds (some of which are hilarious). He also laughs and smiles all the time. He has a GREAT laugh that is contagious.





Jess has started reading to him some and he seems to like it.


As you may remember, Caleb is larger than the average baby his size (he is in the 99th% for weight) but I'm happy to report that his growth has slowed down some. But he is already over 18lbs!!! Thankfully I'm starting to get use to his weight and the chronic back pain is getting more mild.

Jess' parents and grandmother recently came to visit. It was the first time Caleb met his great grandmother. They got along great. It was so precious seeing them together.

During their visit we took Caleb to their hotel's pool. Like his parents, he really likes the water.




But ever since then he splashes half of the water out of his little bath tub during bath time. (this pic doesn't show the water out of the tub) It took 3 large towels to soak up all the water yesterday. It might be time to start getting in the big tub with him so we don't have to deal with that all the time.


He is working on sitting up. He can balance for a moment, but then tips over! He has very strong legs. He can push himself from a squat to a stand and support himself for quite a while if someone helps him balance. I have a feeling he is going to start walking pretty early. I'll keep you posted on that!



He's not a huge fan of tummy time, but we make him do it anyways because its good for his development. He actually seems to like it if he has rolled over onto his tummy, I guess since he did it on his own terms. As you can see from his expression, this was NOT one of those times.


Alright, I suppose that is all for now. I promise that once I get my new laptop I will be much better about regular postings!!!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your little family! Enjoyed the pics! I can tell that little boy is getting lots of love :)

Beck said...

I have been waiting for some updated blog posts! Love the pool pictures, he's so adorable!