Monday, February 22, 2010

A whole YEAR!!! My baby isn't a baby anymore :(

So... Caleb is officially out of infancy. It's kind of sad...but exciting too. I have to admit I was VERY emotional the week leading up to his birthday. I'm sure the stress of getting things ready for his party didn't help, but I found myself crying several times a day when I would think about the fact that he wasn't really a baby anymore. This child, that I can still faintly feel kicking inside me, is now a year old. He is walking and "talking" and testing boundaries (and my nerves!!).

We did have a wonderfully fun party thanks to all the great friends and family that came to celebrate with us (Thanks everyone, it truly meant a great deal to us!!). Caleb seemed to enjoy all of the attention and other kids running around the house, although he didn't really know what to do when it came to opening gifts. He preferred to let us open them while he played with the other kids. Watching him get into his smash cake was a blast. He didn't realize that it was for eating. He just smeared the frosting everywhere and then started throwing it around. I gave him a bite to show him he could eat it, but that was the only bite he took! I've posted a bunch of pictures to a shutterfly account, so I'm only going to put one picture here and then give you the link! So please check out his pictures at keepinupwithcaleb.shutterfly.com

No comments: