For a while now I've wondered if I might be feeling the baby move. But I didn't want to assume. As we all know when we look too hard for something we usually think we find it even if we didn't really. But I can now definitely say that I have been feeling the baby move for about the past 2wks. I was surprised though because it is not the sensation that EVERY pregnant person I've talked to has described. Everyone keeps telling me about this "bubbles" or "fluttering" sensation. I have had NEITHER of those!! :) I have felt a few "thumps" as well as what feels like the baby is rolling around. Is like a pressure that I can feel move across the inside of my stomach. It makes me laugh most every time because it comes out of the blue. I can press on my belly and find almost exactly where the pressure is coming from. I get frustrated when I go hours without feeling anything, but I've been assured that I should be thankful as I will soon start to get elbowed in the ribs and kicked in the bladder. haha.
My belly is continuing to inflate. The picture with this post was taken today. I'm a little over 20wks along. So I guess so far I'm not that fat! Haha. I have my anatomy ultrasound this coming Thursday. Hopefully they will let me record it and if so I will post some pictures up for all to see.
Oh...and if anyone has any cool name ideas I'd love to hear them. Jess and I still have NOTHING and we have to come up with a boy's and girl's name in the next few months. YIKES!!! We want something either meaningful or unique...but nothing too crazy.
And as a side note... I just want to let everyone know how amazing Jess has been in this whole process. He is very supportive. He has come to all of my doctor appointments, rubs lotion on my belly, is cleaning the litter box routinely, he's writing a lullaby, he talks to my belly (well the baby inside of course), helped me set up this blog, takes pictures of my "transformation" regularly, and even went looking for baby gear with me yesterday. So for all of you future daddies... your wives now know what a husband is SUPPOSE to be like and you'll have to live up to it! :)

2 comments:
Congrats on the baby again you guys! It was good to see you at the reunion.
Good luck on those names - you could always search the hurricane naming system for creative name ideas... Ike, Gustav, Hanna, etc... :)
That's great! I'm so excited for you. Soon you'll be looking forward to those "quiet times" I loved feeling Britton move though!
Post a Comment