Sunday, September 14, 2008

Such a funny feeling

So like I've mentioned recently, I have been feeling the baby move around some for the past few weeks. But last night I started to feel what I assume is either kicking or punching...or both. I laid down on my stomach to write in my journal (which my OB doctor says is fine to do as long as it is comfortable) and I felt the funniest feeling in my belly. I think I finally felt the "fluttering" sensation, but it only happened once so I'm not really sure about that. But then I started to feel some obvious thumps from within. And what is even more exciting is that it was FINALLY strong enough that Jess could feel it too. It was so exciting and so much fun to see the expression on his face. He was finally able to "feel" the baby and I think it makes him feel a little more connected to the baby.

Still no names... which is somewhat worrisome. I know that we still have several months...but I'm so indecisive. I'm worried that once we choose something I'll decide a few weeks later that I don't really like it as much as I thought. Another thing that seems daunting (but fun) is registering. There are SO many things that the baby will need and I don't know where to start. I don't know when I should start. Part of me wants to go ahead with it, but part of me thinks it's way too early. We can't start working on the room yet because we have a friend living with us for the next few months and the guest room is going to become the nursery. The cats get to keep their room! :) So a question to all you moms, is it too early to start? And are there any items that are essential that I might forget. Or do you have anything that you just LOVED and recommend me getting?

Last but not least.... the worst thing about being pregnant is getting bigger. Not just because you get bigger, I don't really mind that. It's because it makes clothes shopping, which was already difficult, practically impossible. Not to mention the fact that you have to get something new every few weeks because you grow out of what you just bought. So far I've put the whole shopping thing off, but now I'm to the point where I really CAN NOT fit into any of my regular clothes anymore. I tried to go shopping for maternity clothes today and it was very discouraging. I don't really like anything out there that I've found so far. So... I got one pair of jeans. Nice.

Ok... now that I've typed way to much I am going to go. Thanks for reading and there will be more to come soon.

No comments: