Well, it's been almost a month since my last posting...but there hasn't really been much to post! My pregnancy is going really well. I, thankfully, haven't really had any of the typically pregnancy issues such as swelling of the feet or heart burn. The baby is kicking up a storm these days which is a lot of fun. Jess doesn't have any problem feeling it now. You can even see my belly move sometimes. It makes me laugh every time.
I had my monthly OB appointment today and the doctor said that everything looks good. To date I've gained a whopping 16lbs (blah). I've been told this is perfectly normal but it seems like a lot to me, especially considering I'm only 5 feet tall. 16lbs is a lot for someone of my stature!!! I'm trying not to let myself worry about that though....just keep praying I don't get the dreaded stretch marks. Not sure how I will handle that...pretty sure I'd never show my stomach again though!
My next OB appointment is in 4wks, at which time I will have to undergo a horrible glucose test where they will make me drink a disgusting sugar drink and then check my sugar an hour later. I am looking forward to that, I tell you what! But the cool thing is that after that visit my appointments will go from every month to every two weeks. That's cool because it's a sign that I'm getting closer and closer to holding my little baby in my arms. Wow... how weird did that just sound. I still can't believe that we are going to be parents soon. I still feel like I'm trying to figure out how to be an adult...and now I'm going to be a MOM.
We tried to register last weekend and that was a huge ordeal. I never thought that registering for baby stuff would be so difficult, but it was. It was very stressful and overwhelming. They give you this HUGE list of about 5 thousand things that you supposedly need. I'm not sure I really think that any baby needs all that junk, but we are trying to figure out what stuff we really do need. We are thinking that the nursery will be decorated in Classic Pooh because it's the only neutral decor that we've found that we like. But we have yet to find any furniture and we have only registered for about 20-30 things between Babies R Us and Target. We are going to try again this weekend, but who knows.
So here are some pictures of my belly. We haven't had another ultrasound, so unfortunately no new baby pictures.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I enjoyed reading this, Faryn :) Gosh I am so excited for you but I wish you lived closer. I'm glad you and Jess seem settled down where you are though. Hope to talk to ya soon! ~rose
Post a Comment