Thursday, November 20, 2008

My first Baby Shower - THANKS APRIL!!!

Jess, the baby and I went to North Carolina this past weekend for one last visit before Baby Bardin enters the real world. It was GREAT to see everyone. We really miss Raleigh and all of our friends. One of the great things about our trip is that my best friend, April, threw me what was supposed to be a surprise Baby Shower. The reason I say "supposed to be" is because a friend of ours that didn't know blew the cover the night before. But it was still a great surprise that was VERY much appreciated. We got some great gifts and got to spend time with people we love. Here are some pictures.

Tommy and Karen try to feel the baby

Cutest little fleece jumper from April

Awesome cake made by April's mom. Look at the cute designs!!!

Eeyore stuffed animal and Winnie the Pooh Baskets - LOVE IT :)

I went for another OB appt today. Things continue to progress well. To date, I've gained a whomping 25lbs. That's kind of scary!!!! I need to SLOW down on the weight gain (not according to the doctor).

We haven't started on the nursery yet because we are waiting to get the carpet redone in there. We are supposed to get that done this weekend so hopefully there will be some progress on the nursery soon. The theme is classic Winnie the Pooh because it's ooh so cute! I'm thinking I'm going to just put up a cute border and some wall decorations.

For those of you who are wondering... we still haven't made progress on baby names. But... we have started our Natural Birthing classes. There is a lot to do in preparation for a baby. It seems crazy that so much goes into it. Maybe I'm just too much of a planner, but I don't think so. The class was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to next week. There are 5 other couples in our class, all first timers. Funny thing is they are all having girls. We are the only ones that don't know what we are having. I wonder if that is an indicator!?!

Well that's it for now, but things are changing quickly now so I'll try to keep this updated more often!

No comments: